A world beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world beyond

yeah

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finding a Cure for Love Sickness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyCow
Admin
LadyCow

Finding a Cure for Love Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Finding a Cure for Love Sickness   Finding a Cure for Love Sickness EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:20 pm

I don’t think anyone really noticed when the soft spoken teacher stopped talking: at least not at first. We didn’t have robots or androids so their voices weren’t piercing enough to keep almost any one awake. Very low budget if I may say so my self. Well, I’m probably just distracting my self but it was dreadful.

She opened the hatch and the students closest scattered from the very harmful rays of the sun as she yelled in the loudest voice I had ever heard her use, “I wont end up like them!”

Then I stopped watching. I already knew it was a very hard way to go. As her screams turned in to a gurgle and got up and moved toward the door. Feeling my stomach try to turn it’s self inside out I was intent on getting to the bathroom. There was a sound like an explosion and I fell back.

Despite all genetics I was still a major klutz. I was sprawled out on the floor looking dazedly up at the ceiling when a strong arm hoisted me up in to his arms. I yelped as cold metal touched my side and it was rewarded of the removal of it.

“Sorry, Kisa,” I stared at the guy who was still holding on to me. I could see my reflection in his brown eyes. The strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes looked strangely black and white reflected in his eyes.

“Thanks,” I know lamer things could have been said but he turned so serious it was almost completely at odds with his laid back tousled brown hair and the easy almost excited smile that had been on his lips just moments before.

With that serious expression he began to run and I resisted, “Stop Kisa! We have to get you out of here before they come. You can die an unnatural death.”

A few more questions then, “Huh?” fluttered through my mind but only that came out. Surprisingly he seemed to understand my lamo talk.

“My name’s Nicholas. I’m not human so I don’t have the disease you would know as ‘ageing’ and you are the only human that will either find the cure or restart your race.” He spoke calmly even though something else happened at the same time.

Screams and the sound of people in fear could be heard, “Heeeeeelllllp,” echoed down the hall and I shuddered and leaned closer to him. An idea struck me, “We have to go back! My friends are here! We have to save them!”

Struggling harder he finally let me stand up but held on to my wrists. He seemed to think about it for a moment and I stared at him completely determined as cries for help rose in the air. It took me trying to pull away to snap him back in to reality and he pulled out what probably had touched my before. It was a crude looking piece of machinery that had a long cylindrical tube with a wooden handle that was mostly hidden in his hand.

“I can’t promise we can save them,” He didn’t seem to want to explain even though I asked him. He just tugged me down the hall. The explosion from the weapon came first.

The cries for help no longer sounded like help so decayed the mouths of the people were that it sounded like they were saying hell instead. Their eyes were glazed over and assorted body parts were falling apart. Lips seemed to be the common trend of hanging wide open and with a shriek of fright I hid my head against his chest.

My best friend Christy caught my eye or more appropriately my arm, “Christy! You have to come with us!” I shrieked at her but she said a terrible word.

“Heeeeeellllp,” and Nicholas pulled me away from her and made a mad dash through the zombies as I have taken to calling them. It seems easier just to call them that even though I know they are human.

I didn’t pay attention to where I was going I was crying too hard and only blinked the tears away when Nicholas slammed a door behind us. I turned and slammed my fist against the door, “Come back! Come back!” I wasn’t sure who I was yelling that at. Just everything I guess.

He grabbed my fist and turned me around. Surprisingly he pulled me close and kissed me. Not on the cheek but right on the lips and I was surprised by how much I liked it. He was handsome and had just saved my life and well him.

“Sorry,” he muttered, “I’m sorry you are upset. You can help them though. Everything will be reversed if you can find the cure for ageing.”

“There’s no cure for zombification!” I yelled at him but stopped as I looked out from the glass and in to a scene that made my heart jump in to my throat. My parents where down there and my brother was trapped in a de-railed car. My mother’s hand was strangely boney as if she had been reaching in for some time and had accidently stripped her fingers of flesh. My dad was calling out to him something that I couldn’t hear but probably wouldn’t have understood as his cheek was split up one side and his jaw stood mostly lax.

“NO!” I screamed more tears streaming down my face.

Nicholas wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. Stroking away my tears and looking at my face. He looked nearly in tears him self, “I’ll help you. You don’t have to worry. I’m built to love you and protect you from everything. I’m built for you Kisa and I know that you can find the cure.”

I know there was a sort of change in him but I didn’t notice not at first. So taken was I by a rush of love that came upon me. I loved him and barely even knew him. Maybe there was such a thing as love at first sight.

“I love you Kisa but you’ve already found the cure,” I was startled as he raised his primitive weapon, “It’s a shot gun,” he stated as if reading my thoughts and he pressed the metal against my temple.

“Nicholas what are you doing?” I was terrified but the tears were dry now.

Smiling he pulled the trigger and the last words still echo in my shattered skull, “Your death is the cure.”

OOC:// A bang up job but I liked it ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skinnystray

Finding a Cure for Love Sickness
Page 1 of 1